We are talking cars for the hour and there was a lot to talk about.
Toyota and the CVT gearbox took up a few minutes of the talk.
And there was a nice chat about which full sized SUV really does the trick.
Give the podcast a listen.
Here are the show talking notes.
Red Convertible Mustang
-mini countryman Cooper s
2018 Toyota Camry Grande Sport
Acura why not here and the roadster looks cool!
New York Auto Show
Udrive is launching their Pay-per-minute car rental service in Sharjah. It’s a convenient and cheap way of driving when you pay only when you drive (more details – attached).
Please let me know if it’s of interest for you to meet with Hasib Khan (founder) for a chat about commuting/travelling and opportunities around it.. I’ve attached his bio
Please find attached the latest news from Udrive, a dedicated pay-per-minute car rental service that today announced the launch of its services to residents and visitors of Sharjah.
- Developed as a smartphone app-based service, Udrive offers affordable rental car services across Dubai and now Sharjah.
- The new service will initially provide 100 vehicles, as part of its plan to offer the smartest and innovative transport modes in the emirate.
- Udrive cars can be booked and reserved for via a dedicated app, offering the most convenient car rental option in both emirates. This keyless access and the ability to park for free across the key areas of the city, where permitted, as well as free petrol, means drivers can go anywhere and at any time.
- Members only pay for the time they drive. No security deposits, minimum rental time or expensive border crossing fees. After 4 hours customers will drive 20 hours, the remaining day, for free, including 150 km free mileage.
- With more than 20,000 registered customers, Udrive currently records 600 trips per day with the over 100,000 trips recorded in 2017.
Tel: 800-udrive (837483)
App: App Store, Google Play
Fast Facts: Connect – It only takes a few minutes to register and receive
credentials, then two minutes to download the app and book a
Cost – 50 Fils per minute plus VAT. Fuel, Public Parking and
Insurance are included. After 4 hours of driving, customers can
drive the remaining 20 hours of the day for free, including 150
km free mileage. (daily price of 120 AED plus VAT). That does
not include Salik or Fines.
Insurance – this is all included in the price
Distance – unlimited
Fuel – Udrive cars take regular petrol, and it’s free, we’ll reward
you with a 20-minute drive if you fill up the tank. RFID
technology means you can fill and go at any ENOC or EPPCO
Parking – each car is equipped with a parking card of the
Sharjah Municipality, this provides free parking across the city
Diagnostics – Udrive constantly tracks the cars and gets
feedback from the onboard computer – if you break down,
they’ll replace it for you.
Fleet – Udrive operates a wide fleet of cars including Toyota
Yaris, Peugeot 208, Nissan Tiida, Nissan Sunny, Ford
EcoSport, Ford Figo, Chevrolet
- Hasib Khan, CEO and Founder of Udrive