Marcus Smith joins us on the show to help you unpack those things that are on your mind about the fitness universe, that is frankly over complicated.
Information, entertainment and motivation is what Marcus brings to the table and a healthy dose of inspiration.
Click for the podcast.
What makes this show worth a listen is the fact that we dive into your questions but we also take a good hard look at what others are saying online.
-1st show since the Marathon that we do together
-you are back from the epic bike v truck incident, remarkable the speed of getting going but not surprising. Appreciate the heads up and that you are back on the show. We don’t need to talk about the accident. But maybe without context we can talk about being hyper aware on the roads as everyone is trying to kill you.
Little tweaks to the website looks nice.
-Are you surprised by the amount of non-clean food in our health care facilities?
-how to prep for 1st crossfit comp
Q.Summer swimsuit ready what kind of all body workouts are you recommending?
Q. Marcus/James I am taking longer to recover from runs and I am feeling more and more hip issues any ideas people are telling me to stretch more.
Q. Team, blood circulation and faster recover is there any truth to the relationship?
Q. how long should we stay at max heart rate while training?
Q. What are the fitness benefits of handstands?
Q. Worst advice you have heard a fitness professional giving?
Marcus this is cool!
92 Bodyweight Workouts that Will leave you feeling awesome
- 10 rounds of 10 second “L” sits off the floor
- “Susan” – 5 rounds for time: Run 200m, then 10 squats, 10 push ups
- Run 1 mile and at every 1 minute complete 10 air squats, 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups
- 10 Rounds for time: 10 burpees, 100 m sprint
- 10 handstand jackknife to vertical jump, 10 handstand jackknife to tuck jump, 10 handstand jackknife to straddle jump.
- 3 Rounds for time: 10 Handstand push-ups, 200 m run
- 6 Rounds for time: 10 push ups, 10 air squats, and 10 sit-ups
- 10 rounds for time: 10 push-ups, 10 squats, 10 sit-ups
- 10 rounds for time: 10 push-ups, 100m dash
- 5 rounds for time: 10 push-ups, 10 hollow rocks, run 200 meters
- 10 rounds: 10 push-ups, 10 squats
- 10 rounds for time: 10 hand-release push-ups, 10 v-sits, then 10 squats
- 10 rounds for time: 10 sit-ups, 10 burpees
- 4 Rounds for time: 10 vertical jumps, 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups
- 5 Rounds for time: 10 vertical jumps, run 400 meters
- 10 rounds for time: 10 walking lunges, 10 push-ups
- 10 sets of 100 m dash (rest is length of time it took you to complete the last 100 m sprint)
- 100 air squats, rest 3 minutes, 100 air squats, rest 3 minutes, 100 air squats
- For time complete 100 air squats
- For time complete 100 burpees
- For time: 100 jumping jacks, 75 air squats, 50 push ups, 25 burpees
- For time: 100 push ups
- 10 to 1 ladder: Burpees and Sit-ups
- 10 to 1 ladder: sit-ups/pushups and a 100 meter sprint between each set.
- 10 sets of: 30 second handstand hold followed by holding for 30 seconds at bottom of squat
- 10 x 50 meter sprint (rest is 2 minutes between sprints)
- 3 Rounds for time: 20 jumping jacks, 20 burpees, 20 air squats
- 4 Rounds for time: 20 ab mat sit-ups, 20 push-ups, 400 meter run
- For time complete 200 air squats
- For time complete 250 jumping jacks
- 3 Rounds for time: Run 1/2 mile, then 50 air squats
- 5 Rounds: 3 vertical jumps, 3 squats, 3 long jumps (rest as needed)
- 3 Rounds: 30 push-ups, 30 second handstand
- 5 Rounds: 30 second handstand against a wall, followed by a 30 second static hold at the bottom of the squat
- 5 rounds: 30 second handstand, 60 second squat hold ( at the bottom of the squat)
- 3 x 20 tuck jumps, followed by 3 x 30 second handstand holds
- 3 rounds for time: 400m run/sprint followed by 30 air squats
- 4 sets x 25 jumping squats
- 3 rounds for form/technique: 5 handstand to jackknife to high jump, 5 handstand to jackknife to tuck jump, 5 handstand to jackknife to split jump
- 20 rounds: 5 push-ups, 5 squats, 5 sit-ups
- 10 Rounds: 5 push ups with a 30 second plebs plank (a hold at the top of the push up, arms extended and body tight like a plank!).
- 5 Rounds: 200 m dash (rest is the length of time it took you to complete the previous 200m dash)
- 50 air squats x 5. Rest equal amounts as it took to do each 50.
- 50 air squats, 4 rounds. rest for 2 minutes between rounds.
- 50 sit-ups, 400 meter run or sprint or walk. 3 rounds.
- 5 x 400M sprints (rest is the same time it took you to complete the last 400m sprint)
- 7 rounds for time: 7 squats, 7 burpees
- air squat x 10 push up x 10 sit up x 10 3 rounds for time
- Air squatsx20, Burpiesx20, Push-Upsx20 – 3 rounds…for time
- bottom to bottom ( rest at the bottom of the squat instead of standing….without support on your hands or butt and make the bottom good, straight back, butt back)…..Tabata squats.
- Burpee to the push-up position, do 10 push ups, burpee out. 5 rounds.
- Do one air squat and take one breath, (you can breathe all you want while you do the squat or squats) do 2 and take 2 breaths etc…up to 10, and then come back down to one.
- Do Tabata Squats with eyes closed.
- Handstand 1 minute, hold the bottom of the squat for 1 minute, 5 rounds.
- Handstand 10 seconds jack-knife to vertical jump. 25 reps…
- Handstand 30 seconds and 10 squats, 8 rounds.
- handstand 30 seconds and 20 air squats, 5 rounds.
- handstand 30 seconds, to squat hold 30 seconds. 10 rounds.
- Handstand 5x 30 seconds. Run: 2x 800 meters for time. Do the handstands first. Rest and recover and do the runs with a rest in between that is as long as it took you to run your first 800.
- handstand hold, 30 seconds, squat hold 30 seconds…10 rounds.
- Handstand practice, 25 tries at free handstands, then a 1 mile run at 80%.
- Handstand to Jack-Knife to vertical jump. 30 Reps.
- Handstands, 30-second hold, 30-second static squat, 30-second rest, 8 rounds.
- If you cannot do “man's style” do your pushups from the knees. After that do 100 air squats for time.
- Invisible Fran…21-15-9 of air squats and push ups for time.
- Mime 4x 25 sumo deadlift high pulls, make them perfect. Be sure the hips extend before the arms bend!
- Plebs plank, the bottom of squat, hollow rock hold, 30 seconds each for 10 rounds. Use the transition times as your rest periods…they should be as brief as possible.
- Run 1 mile and do 10 push-ups every 1 minute.
- Run 1 mile for time.
- Run 1 mile with 100 air squats at midpoint, for time.
- Run 1 mile, lunging 30 steps every 1 minute.
- Run 1 mile, plus 50 squats-for time.
- Run 1 mile, stopping every minute to do 20 air squats.
- Run 1 minute, squat 1 minute 5 rounds.
- run 200 meters, 50 squats, 3 rounds
- run 400 meters, 50 air squats. 4rounds.
- run 400m air squat 30 handstand 30 seconds 3 rounds for time
- Run with high knees for 15 seconds and drop into a pushup, get back up and run with high knees again for 15 seconds…….repeat 5x. Each pushup counts as 1 rep. Rest. Do 3 more rounds.
- spend a total of 3 minutes in a handstand.
- Spend a total of 5 minutes in a handstand or headstand. If you are using the headstand do not stay over a minute at a time.
- Sprint 100 meters, Walk 100 meters, 10 rounds.
- sprint 100m 30 squats…8 rounds.
- Sprint 200m and do 25 push ups, 3 rounds.
- sprint 50 meters, 10 push-ups. 10 rounds.
- Tabata Squats: 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest, 8 rounds. Count your lowest score.
- Tabata Push-ups.
- Tabata squats and Tabata pushups.
- Ten vertical jumps ( jump as high as you can, land and do it again), 10 push-ups 5 rounds.
- Test yourself on a max set of push ups…tight body chest to the floor…full extension!
- Walk 100 meters on your hands, even if it is 2 meters at a time.
- 10 Rounds for time: Run 100 meters, then 20 air squats
- 4 Rounds: Hold a handstand for 30 seconds or do 5 handstand push ups, then run 400 meters
Just love this.
Perspective is everything in life… choose a Great Day!
Like these suggestions for breathing life into the routine
-supersets,add a move,reverse direction, move your feet, add variety (change coach or class)
Strength training and running, useful thinking here
Another cool cardio workout
Dean’s Indoor Cardio Workout
Repeat this quick 15- to 20-minute workout five to six times a day (twice if you’re just starting out). As you get used to the sequence, you can swap in exercise variations as desired. For example, burpees can take the place of lunges and crunches can be swapped out for planks. Here’s an overview, followed by exercise instructions:
Traditional push-ups: 20 reps
Close-grip push-ups: 10 reps
Wide-grip push-ups: 10 reps
Standing push-ups: 10 reps
Chair dips: 50
Hanging leg-ups: 20 reps
Jumping lunges: 50 reps
Chin-ups: 15 reps
V-ups: 60 reps
Crunches 30 reps
Stationary leg crunches: 30 reps