Phil joined the show this week and we had a great conversation about his training, eating and the exercise we all need to be thinking about.
Click here to listen to the podcast.
Here are the show notes.
Phil is in the house!
-what are you training for at the moment?
- What did you have for breakfast?
- What is the one exercise/movement your clients complain the most about?
- Squats, what makes these such a good exercise?
- Let’s use me the aging university professor/talk radio guy as the example. To stay healthy and fit to not be out of breath, do some basic hiking how often should I be doing some exercise a week and what about intensity?
- Ketones, seem to be hearing more about these at the moment are you getting questions about them in the gym?https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/the-role-ketones-play-in-recovery-and-healing https://dtc.ucsf.edu/types-of-diabetes/type2/understanding-type-2-diabetes/how-the-body-processes-sugar/ketones/
- How do you work with clients to not get stuck on fads with fitness, food and more?
- How to take the workout up a notch https://blog.fitbit.com/5-ways-to-take-your-basic-workout-up-a-notch/
- How do we define being in good shape? https://johnfawkes.com/good-shape-heres-compare/
- Q. what do I need to do to see visible results in my mid-section by november?
- Q. How do I calculate where my max heart rate should be?
- Q. are there exercises I should not be allowing my 13 year old to do he is obsessed with the Rock!
- Q. Running on the treadmill vs the street is the treadmill better for me?
- Q.thoughts on cheat days I heard Andre talking about them and Michael Phelps said he didn’t have any
- Q. is doing the same workout every day, doing the machine rotation in the building gym going to be ok or do I need to shake it up?