Everyone is wondering about this and that in the world of tech and Nightline has the longest running tech program in the Middle East and the podcast!
Have you got a sevenhugs remote on order?https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/901859853/sevenhugs-smart-remote-the-first-remote-for-everyt?ref=1oziko&utm_source=sendicate&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2016-12-14+CH+Dedicated%3A+Control+everything+in+your+home+with+a+single+remote
(jatin answer: actually i do, ordered it already!)
Facebook and the metric mess!http://www.socialmediatoday.com/social-networks/complete-list-facebooks-misreported-metrics-and-what-they-mean?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter%20Weekly%20Roundup:%20Social%20Media%20Today%2012-17-2016&utm_term=Social%20Media%20Today%20Weekender
2. Android and IoT is going to get easier.http://readwrite.com/2016/12/15/googles-android-things-toolbox-helps-iot-devices-get-connected-dl4/?utm_source=Boomtrain&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=20161213&bt_ee=XQCR0lst1TkPPBVYQgRahqkoaR6NiEj3uCXZLU9st8lZeF4DyOi1w7U2168qo+zM&bt_ts=1481972369568?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&bt_ee=sOLsYFm9FprBS3hh2Su3vP4aCFLpaiKX/0a6LqwJrdREVsaBkVMS9rAufPy0rKY0
3. Facebook ads filters to photos! Like Snap(not on my app yet)http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/facebook-messenger-camera-revamp/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DT:%20Brief%20Daily%202016-12-15&utm_term=DT%20Newsletter%20-%20Daily%20Subscribers
4. WordPress allows VR and 360 publishing!https://en.blog.wordpress.com/2016/12/15/introducing-vr-and-360-content-for-all-wordpress-com-sites/#more-37489
5. Coke bottle cap allows 30 second audio recordinghttp://www.adweek.com/adfreak/coca-cola-invented-bottle-cap-lets-you-record-audio-message-loved-one-175107?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=AW_Adfreak&utm_campaign=Adweek_Newsletter_2016171421
6. Foot locker launches audio tours of its shoes in store with the people who created them talking! Like a museum tour sort of but phone enabled!http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/foot-locker-learns-move-museums-launching-store-sneaker-audio-tours-175109
7. Experia EarUAE can now pre-order Xperia TM Ear; Sony’sintelligent personal assistantXperia Ear is available to pre-order exclusively from theTechmall online store for a special price of AED 799All pre-orders receive a unique AED 100 voucher,redeemable against purchase of Sony Mobile accessories
Dubai, 19 th December 2016: Sony Mobile Communications today announced that Xperia Ear is available to pre-order for consumers, exclusively at Techmall online. Xperia Ear is a smart product from Sony Mobile, an in-ear personal assistant to help communicate and get thingsdone via conversational voice interaction and simple head gestures.
It’s designed to bring a new way of communicating, without compromising on enjoying the world around you. It provides useful information such as your schedule, weather and the latest news to keep you up-to- date on the go. Powered by Sony Agent Technology; an adaptive platform, Xperia Earresponds to verbal commands, so you can ask it to make a call, perform an internet search, dictate a message or navigate to a certain location.
Xperia Ear reads out incoming texts, WhatsApp or Facebook messages and allows you to initiate a response with a simple nod and then reply instantly with your voice. Xperia Ear has a full-day of battery life and, most importantly, doesn't feel uncomfortable when it's placed in your ear.
Jason Smith, Vice President, Middle East & Africa at Sony Mobile Communications, said: “Xperia Ear enables you to be aware of and in touch with the world around you. It gives you a liberating feeling of not being tied to a smartphone. You can travel and work as it assists you inseveral tasks on the go. Besides calls and messaging, it schedules and manages appointments, provides navigation to reach meetings and searches for information. Xperia Ear enables you to fully immerse in your world, it gives you the freedom to look up from your smartphone.”
Priced at AED 799, the Xperia Ear will be available to pre-order from 1 st
January 2017 for a period of two weeks. In addition, all pre-orders will
receive a voucher for AED 100 for any Sony Mobile accessories purchased
at Techmall online.
From 15 th January 2017, Xperia Ear will be available in-store, at Sony
Boutique (Dubai Mall), Sharaf DG (Times Square), Jumbo Electronics (Mall
of the Emirates) and at Dubai Duty Free.
To pre-order Xperia Ear and see the specifications, please visit
8. The real future of tv is streaming!https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/18/the-future-of-tv-isnt-apps/?ncid=rss
9. Google maps notes if a site is wheelchair accessible!https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/16/google-maps-now-notes-if-a-location-is-wheelchair-accessible/?ncid=rss
10. Motorola blog is a blogspot site and they had a hackathon for phone mods!http://motorola-blog.blogspot.ae/2016/12/mod-future-visits-big-apple-behind.html
11. Who isn’t FB hitting at, SNAP and now Skype!https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/16/desktop-group-audio-calling/?ncid=rss
12. Google Home (Andrew likes it) getting more connections in the US!https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/16/google-home/?ncid=rss
13. Samsung 9 laptop!https://www.engadget.com/2016/12/19/samsung-notebook-9-ridiculously-light/
14. Samsung may use arch rivals batteries LG in phones rumourhttps://www.engadget.com/2016/12/19/samsung-may-use-lg-batteries-in-phones/15 is apple thinking about its customers?https://www.cnet.com/news/apples-not-very-good-really-quite-poor-2016/#ftag=CAD590a51e