The doctors are in the house and once again it is all about the stuff going on in your life and this week travel medicine!
Need to talk to the doctors?
Dr Shereen Habib, Well Woman Clinic
Dr Sean Petherbridge Keith Nicholl Medical Centre
Here it is the podcast.
And this is what we planned to speak about.
Getting your meds prescribed before a holiday, anxiety, ear infections, strep throat.
-breast buds in boys?
Caffine and kids?
- Chikungunya is a viral disease transmitted to humans by infected mosquitoes. It causes fever and severe joint pain. Other symptoms include muscle pain, headache, nausea, fatigue and rash.
- The disease shares some clinical signs with dengue, and can be misdiagnosed in areas where dengue is common.
- There is no cure for the disease. Treatment is focused on relieving the symptoms.
- The proximity of mosquito breeding sites to human habitation is a significant risk factor for chikungunya.
- Since 2004, chikungunya fever has reached epidemic proportions, with considerable morbidity and suffering.
- The disease occurs in Africa, Asia and the Indian subcontinent. In recent decades mosquito vectors of chikungunya have spread to Europe and the Americas. In 2007, disease transmission was reported for the first time in a localized outbreak in north-eastern Italy.
Polio virus in sewage? In Brazil!
For the first time since 1994, the polio virus has been detected in Brazil, theWorld Health Organization said Monday. The virus — minute amounts of which can be detected — was found in a sewage sample from an airport near Campinas, in southeastern Brazil. It was collected in March and matched a strain recently found in Equatorial Guinea on the central African coast. There are no reports of any cases of paralysis; for every child paralyzed by polio, health authorities estimate that 200 more are carrying and shedding the virus with few or no symptoms. Because about 95 percent of Brazilian children are immunized against polio, the W.H.O. says it is very unlikely that the virus will spread widely and has not suggested any restrictions on travel to or from the country.
Bee Pollen Weight loss product issues!
how to guard against head lice
can children be given pain killers?
solid cast vs removable
broken toes anything we can do
what is a frozen shoulder